My current Perl Ironman Challenge status is: My Ironman Badge

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Introducing new tools

It is exciting to get into a new project and inject new ideas and tools. The project that I am talking about is a generic report runner pulling its information from a database.

In its current incarnation it spins up from cron, and runs reports one at a time, but it now needs to run multiple reports including bulk reports. To do that I am making heavy use of POE, and a worker process pool. And, I am getting to use my own tools such as POEx::Role::SessionInstantiation, in addition to other great tools like MooseX::Declare.

Not only that, but I pulled in local::lib for dev purposes, and Dist::Zilla to handle the disitribution creation.

It's like being a kid in a toy store.

No comments:

Post a Comment