My current Perl Ironman Challenge status is: My Ironman Badge

Monday, April 19, 2010

YAPC::NA

This year is going to be very different.

It seems that every talk that was submitted was accepted. I submitted five talks. I'm going to be rather busy this year.

Typically, in years, past, a single talk or maybe even two were selected when speakers would submit multiple. Also, there were a limited number of time slots for presentations. This limited the pool of speakers significantly and generally provided a great focus to the event.

This year, I worry that there will be an overwhelming amount of material presented.

So we will see. Luckily, a couple of my presentations are repeats from previous workshops this year. All in all, besides my concerns, I am extremely excited to see everyone. By far, this is my favorite time of year. Everyone comes out and shows off their awesome projects they've been working on.

Anyhow, next week, you'll see an update on Poke! The developer release went smooth, but I still have a lot of work to do in terms of docs and tests.

2 comments:

  1. If you need a place to practice any of your talks, don't forget about little-old DFW.pm! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Organize it and I'll show up. I just burned out on constantly organizing

    ReplyDelete